What is a Foot Zone?
The foot zone technique is based on the premise that the human body has an energy system that runs through it. Each organ and system in the body runs on energy. Those energy systems have pathways which lead to connecting points in the extremities such as the hands, feet, and ears. Extensive study has been done to find the energetic connections of all parts and systems of the body and where they connect to specific points on the foot. In a foot zone, the practitioner will work on the connection points in the foot that correspond with every organ and system in your body to encourage the energy to open and flow in the way that it needs to in order to facilitate healing throughout the entire body. When the foot zone therapist finds a blocked signal in the foot they work to open it up which encourages the energy to flow smoothly throughout the body, promoting healing and balance.
Benefits of the Foot Zone Technique
Possible benefits include:
- Release of tension
- Cleansing of the body of toxins
- Improvement in circulation
- Increase of the body’s energy system
- Creates a state of homeostasis and balance
- Helps build a strong immune system
- A quicker response time for health after injury or illness
- Relationships can be improved
- Harmony and peace in your home and life
Possible reactions after a foot zone include:
- Increase in urination
- Colon becomes more active
- Increased skin activity
- Change in sleep patterns
- Deep state of relaxation
- Lymphatic system activity
- Increased energy
- Detoxification of body
- Thirsty or dry mouth
- Joints become more mobile
- A feeling of hormonal balance
- Your body becomes fertile – watch out!
- Life becomes easier
- You feel like you got yourself back!
- Emotionally more stable
- Your spouse is not the bad guy anymore!
For further information about the foot zone technique, please refer to this link on my wonderful teacher’s website and read her FAQ’s section: http://mindbodyandsoleonline.com/foot-zoning/commonly-asked-questions-about-the-foot-zone-balance-technique/ This website also has a wealth of information on health, wellness, and nutrition.